Q and A


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Streator, Illinois - I have a few minutes left in this Internet session (which the darn library is charging me for), so I figured I'd just make a few comments and responses to the comments on the blog. This is quicker than doing them individually.
Jacob and Gretta: Congratulations on the California job. And you're right about the rebuilt wheel - as you can see from the blog I just posted, I'm getting one done from scratch. If it all works out, I'll only have been held back one day, which is pretty amazing.
Ruth: Glad you liked the wine. Getting out of Minneapolis was fine except for the one incident where I got dumped onto the Most Horrific Freeway Interchange in the Universe Excepting L.A., but that one miraculously ended in my favor. Oh, and most of the roads in Iowa were as bad as those in Minnesota.
Mary Beth: If this were a just and fair universe, there would be a gigantic statue of Mike Nelson in Eden Prairie, perhaps that shoots lasers out of its eyes. But alas, I don't even think there's a plaque in a mini-mall parking lot, so it didn't justify a sidetrip.
Mary Beth and Mike: I'm a guy, so most of my bathroom breaks just involve a tree. As for the other ones, all of the campsites I've stayed at have had facilities of one sort or another, so I just do my business first thing in the morning before I skedaddle. I carry some t.p. with me just in case, but have scarcely had to use it.
Chris: There's another full-size replica stave church in Moorhead, MN, though I managed to miss that one. They are amazing pieces of architecture.
Also Chris...Tangled Up in Blue.
Anyone who cares: I passed the 3,000 mile mark the other day. Disregarding any detours I take to Nova Scotia and/or Massachusetts after I get to Maine, I'm more than 2/3 done.


2 Responses to “Q and A”

  1. Blogger Mary 

    You forgot to comment on me, your loving girlfriend.
    AKA the one who is mailing you a care package
    AKA the one who is paying the bills
    AKA the one who is petting Nibbles
    AKA the one who is tying a yellow ribbon 'round the old, um, spruce tree

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    You just aim at a TREE? Well, that's no fun. I was hoping for, at minimum, a toilet on wheels bouncing along behind you.

    You likely don't have a lot of cult TV show news surfing time, so I'll just keep this brief and give you the incredibly INCREDIBLE details when you get back:

    Michael J. Nelson.

    Doing a commentary track.

    For "Roadhouse."

    And be nice to your girlfriend, before she ties the yellow ribbon 'round the dog. You be NICE, Ta-Tom.

    BTW, "Come on! Feel the Illinoise"? Best. Post title. Ever.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

I'm Tom Moran, a bicyclist from Fairbanks, Alaska. I'm spending the summer of 2006 riding from Anacortes, Wash., to Bar Harbor, Maine.

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3