More photos


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Minot, North Dakota - Another computer with a USB port! Due to the way these things download (or possibly my own incompetence) they're not in chronological order. Alas.



Here's my rubbery spiritual guide Ganesh hanging out at the town beach in Sandpoint, Idaho. Sandpoint is a hip little town with an unbelievably nice beach, located on scenic Lake Pend Orielle.



Main Street in Winthrop, Wash., which is also where I sent my first 'on-the-road' post for this blog. The photo unfortunately doesn't quite capture the odd spirit of the town, which has been preserved/recreated to look like the Old West. Good fun.



This is me at the top of Logan Pass in Glacier National Park, the literal and figurative high point of the trip. Notice all the rain and cold-weather gear I'm wearing - there was still snow at the top, and under any conditions riding straight down 3,000 feet or so - which I was about to do - gets a bit nippy.



The view from near the bottom of Going-to-the-Sun Road, which leads over Logan Pass. I was traveling with several other bikers at the time, who had been twiddling their thumbs in the park waiting for the road to open. The views were incredible, though it did eventually cloud over and obscure some of it.



Me at the end of the "open" portion of Going-to-the-Sun Road. Fortunately, as I recounted before, park officials didn't seem to care if we kept going, as long as we waited for the road crews to clear out.


1 Responses to “More photos”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Moron!!!

    Mooooooooo. Buk buk bgawk!!

    Love your pictures, but what the hell is that scary little creature riding with you? I may have nightmares!

    E-mail me, jerk! khopkin1@wstf.nasa.gov

    Regards,
    Kelly "Smelly" Hopkins

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

I'm Tom Moran, a bicyclist from Fairbanks, Alaska. I'm spending the summer of 2006 riding from Anacortes, Wash., to Bar Harbor, Maine.

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3